Pages

Saturday, November 08, 2014

Succulent Saturday - Portrait Workshop

Week 3 of this oil painting portrait workshop with Liana Bennett -
We practiced mixing skin tones, and then watched a Liana demo.

It's interesting for me watching this approach to painting -

(SO different and abstract compared to my more typical watercolor...)

We talked quite a bit about color and mixing this week (again - very different from how I normally work).

Things are so soft and mushy with this medium!

Took lots of notes on the thought processes behind applying color and tone...

Liana's lovely underpainting....

So, this is my first attempt at adding color. It was funner to use this week (although I'm not sure I ever really want to paint with this for real....)

One more week....

1 comment:

Blanche Niznik said...

You are doing a great job, can't wait to see where you go after getting use to using oils more.