Pages

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Succulent Saturday - Faery Art Show Open

 Tonight was the Faery Art show open at Krab Jab Studios -

 There was a busy, consistent turn-out the entire evening -

 The faery-themed art was glorious - especially taken all together.

(My piece was hung in enviable company - here I am, next to Greg Manchess' piece to my left).

 The daughter and her boyfriend came to check it out (here standing by my illustrious sister and her husband's pieces over her shoulder).

The big coup of the show was the addition of work from the Froud's. 
A collection of original watercolors by Brian Froud.

A lovely faery from Wendy -

 (look at how exquisite those feet are!)

 And a charming troll from Toby.

It's a luminous show. Really worth taking in if you're in the area. It's up through the end of the month.


7 comments:

poul said...

Thank you so much Tara for this wonderful pictures, glad that I´m in the show...wish you all the best ever !!!
greetings from Germany ... Poul

Ruthie Redden said...

sighs, I should have love to see this ;)

bright star said...

Looks fascinating,what fun!

tlchang said...

Thanks Paul!

Ruthie - it'd be so fun if you could come stateside at some point, faery show or not. :-)

Thanks Angela - it really is a good one (and I'm not just saying that cuz I'm in it. One of favorite gallery collections in recent memory).

Ruthie Redden said...

Dear TAra, its on my wish list ;) x

Capulet Art said...

Looks like it was a great show! How is the art market in Seattle these days? I've been thinking about bringing an art show I do in Vancouver down south of the border. It's a live painting competition called the Battle (ie. "electro magnetic" show from a couple week's ago http://su.pr/2ioQwh)

tlchang said...

Hi Capulet Art - that looks like a great idea and a lot of fun. Sadly, I am much more familiar with the illustration and commercial art scene in the area rather than the fine art (this gallery promotes primarily illustrators). There are a lot of galleries in the area, but many many more have gradually been going under since the dot.com bubble burst and then the downturn of the economy. I'm sure it is similar in Vancouver?